Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Healthier Way

At our house we've been juicing. I personally went on a 5-day juice fast at the beginning of October, and now I'm doing another one, only this time David and Suzanne are on board. We're going to go for a total of 14 days and today is day #4. I feel great and have lost 14 pounds, all of which I had lost before and/or after our car accident. My goal is to get back to where I was when I came home from the hospital, and then, to keep right on going.
In between juice fasts my diet is going to be primarily plant-based. I've spent some time now going over recipes both old and new, and methods of adding flavor to foods (thanks to, Jamie Oliver, and my hippie cook book from "The Farm"!)
They say that if you want to have permanent results then you must make permanent changes, so I'm in! And, here is a little gadget I made to make menu planning and presenting a little more fun (another thanks goes to Super Saturday for the idea)!

No comments: