Friday, January 1, 2010

A Nice Way To Start The Year

On the day of my oral surgery, our good friends and neighbors, Melinda and Jeff Brown and family, brought me a card that she made personally, along with a can of applesauce for eating without teeth!

The next night, my Visiting Teacher, Barbara Yentes brought us a
Happy New Year in a gift bag! It included a hat and tiara, 2 leis, sparkling cider and a candle.
It was perfect for perking up the stroke of 2010!

Celeste, Jeremie, Paige, Abbie and Mollie came today. I think they planned on coming because they wanted to comfort me in my recovery. (Some said it would take a week.) The good news is that while my mouth may hurt a bit, the rest of me is just fine, and in fact, because they pulled infected teeth, I even feel better than I did before.
We went to the movies, and then we had fun watching Abbie make cupcakes with Celeste, decorating them with her new cupcake maker that she got for Christmas.

From the beginning, David and Mark have been here and
available to help me with anything I might need.
I received calls and messages from our other kids
and friends, all wishing me a speedy recovery.
What a nice way to start the year.
P.S. They let me have my new teeth immediately after my extractions, too. This prevented swelling thus reducing pain, plus I'm relieved because I know those gums are protected, in addition to still being able to smile!

1 comment:

Hanaike House said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well. You have a great outlook on life that is truly inspirational. Good luck as you finish up with all of this.