Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa's Delights

Christmas Eve has always been a time of magic at our house! Age does not change this. And from as far back as I can remember, Santa always did certain things for us.
In our stockings we could count on a tangerine, some peanuts in the shell, some small toys, a few candies including a candy cane and a large chocolate Santa, and a brand new toothbrush (obviously to help preserve our teeth from the effects of the candy!).
Several larger gifts from Santa were also left unwrapped, for us to see immediately upon entering the living room, with which we were allowed to play without any arguing while the grown-ups slept in - one of our gifts to them. Opening wrapped gifts would take place later. Sometimes we left cookies and milk out for Santa to enjoy, which he did, of course! And I'll never forget the year we actually heard the reindeer on the roof! I was so excited that HE was there, but I was also afraid I would be caught awake, so I immediately closed my eyes and fell asleep!

No comments: