Friday, February 11, 2011

D.I.E.T., The Worst 4-Letter Word Of All!

New Year's resolutions are notoriously about losing weight. We set these lofty goals just knowing this time will be different and we mean it at the time, but as most resolutions are lost in the daily routine, I must DO something to not let that happen!! Just as President Kimball said, "DO IT!", so should I. Therefore, I am committing myself to reading health books, in addition to making myself get on that scale, and write down what I eat, etc. in order to entrench myself in the reasons why I am doing this in the first place.
For me, it has never been about dress size, or wanting to look good in a swimming suit, although I like those fringe benefits, but rather, it's about not growing old and sick. My issue has always been better health. So, here I go, with a different resolution: to read from my health books every day. This is a much better goal for me, and the rest of that diet will fall into place and those numbers on the scale will drop.
Richard Simmons and I never have liked the word "diet", so I choose his new word, "live-it!".

No comments: