Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From The Quest For Camelot

OK, my fridge had been on the brink of splitting at the seams for some time, and I for one had had my own fill of it! I'd made other things a priority long enough and now it was time.
So, I've been working on clearing shelves of old food and wiping them down as I go, and what happens? A half empty can of pears, (no lid) along with the juice, falls to the freshly pollished floor and onto my pink slippers and new throw rug! I don't lose my temper anymore and I don't swear, but I did find this annoying, so as I cleaned it all up I decided I wanted to bring the Spirit back.
I have a favorite song called, The Prayer, from The Quest For Camelot, sung by the Tabernacle Choir on Heavensong. It fills my heart and home so quickly and effortlessly that I play it whenever I wish to feel close to my Heavenly Father. Here are the lyrics:

I pray thee be our eyes, and watch us where we go
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know.
Let this be our prayer, lest we lose our way;
Lead us to a place, guide us with thy grace
To a place where we'll be safe.

We pray we'll find thy light, and hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night,
Remind us where thou art.
Let this be our prayer, when shadows fill our day;
Lead us to a place, guide us with thy grace,
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

A world where pain and sorrow will be ended
And every heart that's broken will be mended
And we'll remember we are all thy children
Reaching out to touch thee
Reaching to the sky.

We ask that life be kind, and watch us from above;
We hope each soul will find another soul to love.
Let this be our prayer, just like every child
Who needs to find a place, guide us with thy grace;
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

Who needs to find a place, guide us with thy grace;
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

No comments: