Saturday, July 11, 2009

In The Likeness of Harry Potter

We, like everyone else, are gearing up for a super evening of Harry Potter this Tuesday. I say Tuesday because we will be seeing it just after midnight that same night. I have some great recipes that I plan on using, including stoat sandwiches, a favorite of Hagrid's, and butter beer. (I looked up just what "stoat" is and it's weasel. Butter beer is root beer with a bit of butterscotch sauce added.) And there are more.

As part of the fun for me, I have done a quiz on facebook that reveals what Hogwarts teacher you would be and my results were Professor Lupin. At first I was disappointed because I felt I would rather be a lady, but as I have looked more closely at the description given by facebook, I decided I very much like their conclusion! They say that Lupin was the school's best Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. As a Seminary teacher this is my hope, that I will always do my best.

This little quiz also has started my thoughts going on with things like:
- I have taken a class of my own in Herbology and Potions.
- I go to 3 hours of Divination every Sunday, and there have even been times when I have been asked to participate in the teaching!
- Included in Divination class is a four year course that takes about an hour every week, of History.
- Then there is the upper-classmen's course at the temple that is a more comprehensive level of Defense Against Dark Arts.
There may be other parallels I have overlooked but this has been fun!

So, to all out there who are as anxious as me about the upcoming show, have a great 4 days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun watching Harry Potter. I know that you will. I think it is neat that you are making food that goes with the movie.

Hanaike House said...

I would love to get some of your recipies, and any other ideas you have for Harry Potter activities, etc. You are always so creative. I don't forget, we've got to have an Anne party soon!