Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Christmas Candlelight Concert

Tonight David and I had the opportunity to attend the annual Tulare High School Choirs' Candlelight Concert. There were 9 of our LDS youth in the choir and it was beautiful! Three of these young people are my former Seminary students and it was such a pleasure to hear them sing in praise of the season.
I love how Carrie Bryant, their director, doesn't worry about "political correctness" and selects songs that truly celebrate the reason for the season.
The morning radio team at 98.9 asked today how listeners would fill in the blank: "It isn't Christmas until __________." People were supposed to call in with their answers and I thought, "It isn't Christmas until we've had the chance to properly celebrate Thanksgiving!", but after tonight I realize that it's not Christmas for me until I've experienced a Christmas Concert.

No comments: