Sunday, December 26, 2010

Joy's Gift

The last time I saw Dr. Watson was December 10th. He walked into the exam room long enough to tell me I didn't need Physical Therapy anymore. The x-rays looked good, healing was complete and anything I would need to do at PT I could do at home. Well, that's mostly true, I guess, minus the massage of my neck, but people cannot be replaced. Physical therapists become friends. They are genuinely interested in your welfare and as they give of themselves to bless your life, they become dear.
I have such mixed emotions about this portion of my life coming to an end. There is no way to properly repay... I know I've said this before, but I am profoundly grateful and my simple thanks seem so lacking, but it's all I've got. I know they get paid for their work but there is no price for a person's quality of life being restored to them. Thank you Joy, and Michelle and everyone at Pro PT!

1 comment:

Hanaike House said...

I say amen to that. They do get paid, but their attitude can make all the difference in the world. Years ago, when I hurt my leg I had one doctor that rushed me through as fast as he could, but another one that took the time to answer my questions and reassure me that everything would be okay. The second doctor is the only reason I didn't have anxiety attacks right there in the office.

Congratulations on all of the progress you've made, and the bright 2011 you have coming your way!