Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This year Christmas has been busy, busy busy! I don't know if it was because of planning too many activities and too much shopping, or if it was because I'm a bit slower these days, or a combination of the two... I actually vowed to give gift cards or money next year! I don't wish to have a "bah, humbug" attitude, but I didn't get to do many of the usual homey holiday things that I've always loved to do.
Take decorating, for example. I did a pretty skimpy job there, leaving many traditional items in their box. I didn't get all of my baking done or my house sparkling clean, or watch Christmas movies with the fireplace crackling and a warm cup of cider. But I did get presents bought, wrapped, delivered and/or mailed. We went to Utah and visited friends and family, which was very important, too.
So today, I treated myself to wearing purple snowflake pajama pants and a nice, loose-fitting pink top, and cozy socks all day long. I stayed at home, made my Jewish dinner and allowed for some less important things to go undone rather than push myself into a panic attack. It was lovely, even rather restful.
After dinner we talked about the significance of some of the foods served, and then we watched the church DVD "Joy To The World".
Now, with all the loose ends tied and the gifts and food ready, I am about to head off for a not-long-enough-but-typical-Christmas-Eve Winter's nap, wishing every one of my friends and family the Merriest Christmas EVER!!!

No comments: