Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Perhaps A New Tradition!

This year I am trying something new. As a lover of the Old Testament and in memory of Jewish tradition, which is the only tribe to have kept it's Israelite identity throughout history, I want to prepare a Christmas Eve dinner of foods Jesus would have eaten. I have done a bit of research about Jewish foods and I think I have come up with an acceptable menu with the understanding that with our different cooking methods and the passing of time it may not be entirely authentic.
Slow cooked Beef Brisket, Potato Latkas (or pancakes), Tomato-Cucumber-Chickpea Salad, Flatbread (Lavash), Grapes, Applesauce, and Sufganiot, or Doughnuts for dessert.
I hope this will set a perfect tone for reading about the Savior's birth or having the kids act out the nativity.


No comments: