Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day To Feel Loved

This Mother's Day was especially nice. Suzanne and I attended church with Celeste in Patterson. We didn't have church until 1:00, so we had time to make individual quiches for lunch. Yum.
In Sacrament Meeting there were spacial talks about mother's Day and then each sister was given a tomato plant. When I told the bishop how excited I was at getting it, he semi-laughingly said, "Tell that to my wife. Now that she has found out it's not a flower, she'll probably have a talk with me about it when we get home!" But I really am grateful. I have a place for them right now and I'm getting them transplanted today!
In Sunday School the teacher played a DVD of the Tabernacle Choir singing, Turn Around. It's about a mother watching her little one grow up and how it all happens so quickly. It was very tender.
Relief Society was wonderful. With 5 Sundays in May, they used Mother's Day as the 5th Sunday. All the sisters attended with the Priesthood taking over in Primary and in YW. The table was beautiful, with flowers and pictures. There were talks and musical presentations including a mother and daughter singing a duet. After the program we were given a booklet wrapped with a delicate ribbon and a Hershey Kiss rose, and a lovely dessert garnished with a strawberry and leaf of mint. Everything that was done spoke powerfully of the value of women and truly made each sister feel special and loved.

No comments: