Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Ordinary Sunday

This has been a very emotional day for me. On this Sunday last year I spent many hours in surgery at the Intermountain Medical Center for Trauma patients, receiving my bone transplant. I vividly remember how much I just wanted to be able to go to church here at home, and today, I could.
The Sacrament Meeting talks were on the restoration of the Priesthood. I pondered how much help I have received personally because of Priesthood blessings, most recently from David, Mark and Julio Carrillo. Also it was a sweet thing to see Mark able to answer the call for a Priesthood holder to come and give a blessing to someone there who he didn't even know - which happened several times over my stay in Utah hospitals.
After being out of teaching Seminary for a whole year now, I was able to teach a lesson in Primary, and then tonight David and I attended Seminary Graduation. How I have missed Seminary and teaching! I've said for many years now that if I spent my entire life as a teacher at church I would have had the best and happiest callings EVER! If I never got called to be in an administrative position, it would sure be okay by me! Teaching the Gospel is my most favorite of all callings, and I got to today.
What a comfort to be able to be at home, attending church in my own Ward, with my Tulare 1st Ward Family on just an ordinary Sunday. I love it!

No comments: