Thursday, September 24, 2009

Comeuppance

Blogging memories of childhood with my grandmother has brought me to a place I have never been. Not until the stories showed up on these pages did I realize how I must have tried her patience. I am embarrassed at the self-will, the downright disobedience. How could she tolerate it? It could only have been love.
I truly hope that that name, "little pill", can also come with the reminder that it is often a little pill that relieves someone's pain and suffering, calms a troubled heart, and aids in healing.
Today I resolve to more fully live up to the better side of the name used to describe me as a child.

3 comments:

Sheryl, Queen of Maranatha said...

We all have things we want to change about ourselves or our past selves. Good for you for doing something positive about it! You inspire me!

Suzanne said...

I love this! Seriously, you've seen my kids in action. And you've seen your own kids in action. Now I feel slightly less guilty about the piano. Only slightly. =( You were a kid! So yeah, I'm sure your Grandma loved you so and was sad to see you go when you left. Ya little pill. And I seriously LOVE that pills do relieve suffering...all that stuff you wrote about them is true. They may taste a bit yucky on the outside, but look at the tremendous power and potential for good within! Great post.

Donna said...

Don't worry about the piano. I'm thinking that all those layers of paint were a protection! HaHa! One of these days when we refurbish it that little spot will be nothing compared to the other work that needs to be done.