Monday, September 7, 2009

Movie Night, here we come!

From the very moment "Julie and Julia" began I was taken by it; charmed all the way through, I adored the music, the story line, the dialog, the cast - everything; almost. But I'm afraid I was haunted by the idea of recommending it to others. I am soooo glad that "clearplay" has come to our rescue! I don't know why there are people out there who think it is suave or sophisticated to use bad language and to display moments that are meant to be sacred between a husband and wife but I felt that the few things that were slipped into this movie were out of character for its class and style.
Two lives become intertwined as Julie Powell decides to launch a want-to-be writing career, with a blog. Her subject: "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", by Julia Child. This "Julie and Julia Project" is given the deadline of one year to complete all 525 recipes, blogging about the experience all the way through. And while we are looking in on Julie's kitchen, we are also allowed to view the events that led Julia Child to do her own writing.
When this telling of two true stories becomes available on disc, I have every intention of filling my house with friends, popping some popcorn and running it through the "clearplay" dvd player, so that others can also enjoy it the way it was meant to be filmed in the first place.

No comments: