Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Day I Didn't Run Away

My Grandma was one smart lady! Just like in the incident with the silly putty, she outsmarted me more than once!
I remember being bent on running away. Oh, something got stuck in my craw and I was convinced that my life would be better lived out elsewhere so I proceeded to make ready for my departure.
Grandma said she would help me and offered to make me a couple of sandwiches because, she said, I was sure to get hungry again and an extra one might be nice for later on. We wrapped them up, along with an apple, in a red bandanna and tied it to the end of a stick we found out behind the house.
Next, Grandma said I would probably want to wear a sweater under my coat because it gets really cold at night. So she helped me put a sweater on under my coat.
Grandma stopped me from leaving right then because she wanted a picture to remember me by and as she went to get the camera she told me how much she loved me and was going to miss me. I stood and posed in the dining room for her picture, but by now I was getting pretty emotional. We both cried for several minutes and she told me I didn't have to go if I didn't want to. I decided to stay, so she helped me take off the coat and sweater and together we ate the apple and the sandwiches.

1 comment:

Hanaike House said...

That is an adorable story!