Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vanishing Putty

Warning labels come on many things, but there is one product where this is lacking........ Silly Putty. Yes, Silly Putty. I mean it! My Grandma told me that if you leave it out of its little egg, it will disappear, so I was always very careful to put it away.
I loved how you could transfer the Sunday Funnies onto it by pressing the putty on the picture you wished for it to pick up. Very cool! It could bounce, stretch, and be molded into anything. The only thing about it that was a drawback, was that it was not nice to take out of hair or clothing or carpet. But I LOVED it!
One day I was bouncing it in the house. Everyone was home so there are witnesses to what happened next. We were in the dining room and I bounced it pretty high, but it never came down! My Dad put me up on his shoulders so that I could look in the molding, but it wasn't there. We crawled all over the floor, checking under all the furniture but it wasn't there either. It simply was gone. I never saw it again.

No comments: