Monday, August 16, 2010

Halos Are Not Just For Angels

Doctor Bauman came in and explained that he wanted me to have a "halo". My head would be bolted to a frame that would hold my neck in place while it healed, allowing me to get up and move around, walk, etc. - I envisioned the Bride of Frankenstein with huge screws coming out of my neck! Ha! But the thought of it scared me and I didn't want to do it. I called Sheryl and she looked up info about it on the computer. She said if it was her, she'd do it, AND, I was told in a Priesthood blessing that I should trust the doctors, so I went with it. This has proven to be a huge blessing. Without it I'd have to be in bed for at least 8 weeks, unable to move. But as of this writing, after 5 weeks I can do almost everything for myself. It's interesting how we take for granted our ability to do everyday little things like eating, bathing and dressing. I have become so increasingly grateful as my abilities increase.

No comments: