Monday, August 16, 2010

Healthsouth Rehab

I spent 3 days in Intensive Care and then 7 more days, at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah. On May 27th, our anniversary, I was moved to Healthsouth in Sandy. I was there until July 3rd, three days after they removed the halo and replaced it with a hard collar. Independance Day!
I wrote all of these journal entries on June 23rd.

My Physical Therapists - Laura and Shasta (a student),
and my Occupational Therapist was Charlene.

Charlene has been wanting me to go outside. I envisioned myself walking down a busy street with cars piling higher and higher as people turned to stare at me wondering what was up with the headgear. But, in actuality, we walked on a very quiet street to a little coffee shop where we ordered smoothies and sat outside enjoying our hillside view of the Oquirrh Mountains. It turned out to be delightful and I was able to explain just a bit to a little girl about this halo. It was not the fiasco I anticipated at all.
It was a sweet experience to get to know these therapists and to spend time with them every day. We were able to develop very nice friendships.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That sounds like a really nice outing, actually! I'm so glad you went and that it turned out so nice for you. It's amazing how we can take for granted all our health and physical abilities do for us.