Monday, August 16, 2010

Reflections

- It has been open season on blessings and miracles in my neighborhood. One in particular is that I have experienced very little pain.
- On looking back at the time I was trapped under the car, I know that I could feel the effects of people's prayers___prayers that hadn't even been said yet. Prayers are retro-active.
- Being trapped under the car was the most terrifying experience of my life. One of our Gospel Doctrine teachers in Turlock, Brother Morris, said that he asked in his prayers how Jesus could truly understand everything we go through. He was taught that in Gethsemane Jesus experienced each of our lives as though it was himself. I now have a profoundly different appreciation for the Savior! Taking the Sacrament will never be the same.
- When you hear a siren, pray for them.
- It is a sweet privelege to help another person to take care of themselves; a great act of charity. I used to think I would resent serving in this way, but I have felt such love and tender appreciation towards those who have helped me.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm really glad you wrote these down! It's probably things you think you'll never forget, but that could actually fade with time. Plus...I love that you have shared what you experienced and learned.