Monday, August 16, 2010

Tender Mercies

I remember hearing a woman speaking to me with a Nigerian accent. She reminded me instantly of Abigail Essuman who was my Visiting Teacher for many years in Turlock, and who is from Ghana, , and I could feel her love for me. As I have been in the hands of many different people, the Lord has comforted me by sending those who would remind me of familiar voices, faces or personalities of friends and loved ones, even celebrities, so that my fears would be calmed and I could feel their genuine care for me.
My Nigerian nurse's name was Ebby. She was the first one to help me brush my teeth. It was 3 days after the accident and it was so refreshing! Several hours later that day, 2 young ladies helped me bathe for the first time. It was so nice to be clean and I slept so well afterward.
My emotions have been so close to the surface and I am so full of gratitude for the goodness of God. Everywhere and with everyone I have wanted them to know how much I appreciate what they are doing for me. One person responded with how they are paid to do these things but I told her that it's the attitude that makes all the difference.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I still just absolutely love the story about Abigail. I hope you have told her, or will get to tell her about it sometime.