Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where I'm From

I am from roller skates with skate keys, and Cracker Jacks; from black and white tv and ice cubes in the ice box.

I am from a little 2-story, white Victorian with tall narrow outside stairs and homemade pies baking in the oven.

I am from blackberry bushes, little purple pansies, and the claw-foot-tub fishpond in the terraced garden.

I am from oceans, streams and mountains, and trying new things; from Shipp and Snyder, Stanger and Hays.

From, being a friend if I want to have friends and being corrected because I am loved.

I am from devotion to God, family and country; from uprightness and truth.

I’m from beautiful San Francisco and pioneer trails; pickup trucks and the scent of fresh-cut wood.

From Great Grandpa Hays and the Indian Chief, Grandpa Shipp’s boyhood 1-cent wealth and Grandma Ellis’ selfless example of service.

I am from boxes of old photos to glorious scrapbooks and compact discs.

I am all that’s past, brought to new discoveries, and an unchanging eternal foundation



*For the Where I'm From template, click HERE