Friday, April 1, 2011

The LDS Drill Sergeant

This is from Mark's latest letter: "...one of the LDS Drill Sergeants got called back to his unit. I talked to him for about an hour yesterday. He told me he served his mission in Germany right after it reunited. When he joined the Army he and his wife went inactive for about 12 years. He said that seeing me, a worthy member of the church, has helped him start going back to church and not swear as much. Even in the military I have found ways to help people and share the Gospel. I am really going to miss him when he leaves. This is his last week with us."

And here are some pics of Mark at Basic: In the top photo, Mark is getting some help aligning his weapon. In each of the lineup pics Mark's face is touching the Drill Sergeant's hat on the right side.

No comments: