Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Grass Is Greener

It always seems that the grass is greener Somewhere Else. When you're home, you just know that you'd be having more fun there. I miss my kids, mostly, and this is understandable since I invited them to come live with me and NOT to leave for parts unknown. So, for the last almost 6 months I have been living my "dream" as much as I am able. (Really, though, this is my Plan B dream. I'd much prefer for all to live within a reasonable travel distance.)

In spite of the plan and the dream, I began to really miss being home. I missed my sweetheart, my own four walls, quiet hours to do whatever, and my ward family. So in my own mind's eye the grass at home was looking pretty good, BUT...

The lawn was ragged-looking when I got home on Sunday - thirsty, thirsty, thirsty; dry spots and underlying yellowish with tops of green remaining from a more abundant day. This is rather reflective of my life at home with regards to being gone and the resulting housekeeping and visiting teaching and the Seminary workshop I'm preparing for.

Happily, the lawn is greening back up with the addition of water, and normal life is also returning. If everything goes according to the revised plan, by this time next week I will have at least my livingroom, bathroom and kitchen spruced up, appointments for personal visits with my sisters and I will be much more ready for my workshop! And it's true, there really is no place like home.

1 comment:

Sheryl, Queen of Maranatha said...

Fabulous picture!

I love to come home too. Visiting and vacationing is great, but coming home afterwards is just so comforting and grounding.