Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Marathon's End?

I am feeling, at last, like I can consider relaxing. Coming home to stay after five and a half months of going like crazy is a very good thing. It is time to live my real life again.

We took pictures of Lawrence and Levi with their "Counter" hamburgers. And Dawn's classroom looks great! She is doing a very good job with her little first graders. It was both fun and rewarding to be able to help her get her classroom ready for school to start. I also got to see our sweet Garret as he became a little more steady with his two or three steps.
(Photos forthcoming)

Being home now means I am pushing to get ready for Seminary, and I was also asked to be a presenter for a workshop on object lessons in 2-3 weeks. This is right up my alley. I am a firm believer in the idea that if class is made as interesting as possible as often as possible, dues have been payed, which buys the right to have more serious lessons in between. Besides, anytime I can make a concept more visible I want to go for it.

I will be repeating my workshop three times and to about 85-100 other Seminary teachers total in our area. While doing this has elements of terror, I am right at home with the subject. I am very fortunate to have the last two years to draw on or I'd be in too deep. I have a tendancy to overdo when planning things like this. I was getting ready for something once not too long ago when I thought I'd pray to make sure I'd done enough. As I was finishing asking I heard laughter from beyond the veil! And the thought came to mind, "What?! Are you kidding?"

No comments: