Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dad Would Be Proud

I've been wanting to paint our front door just to freshen it up, so I went and bought paint at Lowe's. They were very helpful in asking me what kind of door, wood or metal, and explaining to me my options. I bought Rustoleum paint because of the fog we have here and the metal door. Although I've never noticed rust, I think prevention is a good thing. So I bought the "expensive" paint, $8 instead of $4 for a quart.
When we visited my Dad in January I took a look at his freshly painted front door and I told him I was going to be doing the same thing so he gave me some good tips. He said to paint the indented parts of the door first and the raised sections second. He also told me that it's best to go from top to bottom so as to catch drips.
Now that the door is done and dry, I'm feeling pretty good about the way it turned out. I wasn't too sure at first, but it looks better dry than it did wet. I think Dad would approve. :)

No comments: