Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why That Song #7

These are some of the songs that belong to David and me. Not all of them were available. Songs that are numbered 1-11, 13 and 67 are part of a collection that David took some lines from to put together a sweet and poetic verse for me before we were married.
(12) Turn Around, Look At Me was playing on the loud speaker as David and his mother boarded the bus to go to Utah to finish his missionary shopping, for his mother to attend a Relief Society Conference, and then for him to enter the "LTM" or, the Language Training Mission, to learn Spanish before flying to Argentina. I cried.
I used to write teenage poetry to David while he was on his mission. Then I heard the song It's Impossible (14). The lyrics were beautiful and they made me think of him so I wrote the lyrics down and sent them to him. I didn't realize that being on a mission and in another country he hadn't heard the song and later he told me that his thought at the time he read those lyrics was "My, her poetry certainly has improved."
Then, after we were married there was a situation that I don't even recall now, but I remember being mad at him about something. As I was pondering about it, the song "I Do It For You" came on. The spirit made me realize that that song represented his feelings and the motive behind his actions. I always think of him now whenever I hear that song.
And "Through The Years" (16) needs no explanation. :)

No comments: