Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why That Song? #2

Let's start at the beginning of this partial musical soundtrack of my life. My mother was named after Shirley Temple. When I was little I was given numerous "permanent waves" to my hair because Shirley Temple's curls were so cute. Naturally, I watched and loved her movies. Animal Crackers In My Soup is just a sample from her collection, as are many of the songs chosen for this playlist.

Another favorite was Judy Garland. I love her Over The Rainbow because she still had that "little girl" in her voice. It used to be that every New Year's Eve one of the tv channels had a movie special and for a long time it was the tradition to watch The Wizard Of Oz every year. The Sound Of Music finally replaced the Wizard of Oz, which we all had mixed feelings over because back then we couldn't pick and choose what we would watch on tv except for the 3 channels of choice, NBC, ABC and CBS.

No comments: