Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why That Song? #4

When my Dad married Norma in 1962 an unexpected thing happened to me. I was intruduced into some pretty classy adult contemporary music, and it was wonderful! I loved it when she listened to KSFO, and I learned to love those great songs. I remember George and Phillip coming to visit and we would watch Norma and George dance to some great songs. It was lots of fun and the memory has lasted. Now much of that kind of music is considered romantic "dinner music". Artists like Louis Armstrong and Nat King Cole were some of the best! Today, they are followed by crooners like Michael Buble who is right up there. And although I don't have Andy Williams or Bing Crosby yet, they may be coming soon.

~ Just as a side note, they said Louis Armstrong would never amount to much on the trumpet because he didn't hold his instrument correctly!

No comments: