Sunday, July 31, 2011

Favorite Random Pics

This is when Shannon and Olivia came home from the hospital... And this is Olivia on the day I left. She was three and a half weeks old. She looks so much bigger in her car seat!This is a restaurant in a tree. I just had to have a picture!This is a purple sweet potato. The flavor of ice cream that is made from it is called ube (oobay) and tastes a bit like caramel. I'd sure like to be able to buy them here. They're delish!This snail has a beautiful shell. It's length, as in the picture was about as long as my open hand. It's crawling by a trash can lid. And I've been told that they're poisonous. Beauty, in this case, really is only skin (or rather, shell) deep! HAHA!!
Little Miss Isabel.This happy bunch of bricks is lined up outside the home of Sara and Matt Mattes.Isabel, with Daddy and Grandpa wrapped around her little fingers!
Isabel and Grandpa.An Okinawan elf.Tombs dot the hillsides of Okinawa, in honor of their ancestors.

No comments: