Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weather Wiser

We slathered on the sunscreen before we went to the Pirate's Beach.But I didn't think I'd need it on my legs because I planned on keeping them in the water. And that's exactly what I did. For 3-4 hours I sat in the water and collected small pieces of coral and beautiful tiny shells, but by the time we got home I knew I'd made a HUGE mistake! David and I both had sunburned legs. Mine were as red as raw beef and now, after two and a half weeks, they are peeling and almost not hurting! This picture is lighter than it really was.On the flip side, it rained while we were at Shuri Castle.Umbrellas were sold in a vending machine there. Prices ranged from about $1.50-$4.50.This is what a typhoon looks like on Okinawa.And this is how they prepare.
It is typhoon season here. One just blew past at 200 miles away. But there's no chance of base housing being blown down because the homes are built of cement and cinder block.So even though it is possible that there could actually be a typhoon while I'm here, we'll just get out the sandbags, put away the yard toys, and batten down the hatches... literally.

No comments: