Friday, May 8, 2009

It's not after 5

It's 3 hours earlier and a balmy afternoon here in paradise. Suzanne has left to walk over to Hale Kula Elementary School to pick up Chandler and Jacob. The family is here on Oahu, Schofield Barracks near the city of Wahiawa, while Jared is deployed to Iraq. Suzanne was in need of a bit of extra help since Kamryn was born (and Lori had to go home) so she asked me to come. What can I say, my biggest regret was leaving my Seminary class again, but sometimes you just gotta make the sacrifice!
I have been here for two weeks and tonight I fly home on the Red-Eye. I honestly don't feel too bad about going home because David and I were already planning on coming here in June so leaving won't be too painful. (I usually cry when I have to leave my kids.) But it will be really fun to be able to come back with David. I wish he could have come this time.
We have had a most delightful visit. Much has been accomplished with her healing, getting appointments out of the way, cooking enough extra to put food in the freezer for after I'm gone, and doing a bit of sight-seeing in between.
One of our favorite t.v. shows is "Lost" and it's filmed here on Oahu. Suzanne has watched them filming and she knows some of the other locations as well, so we drove around and saw them. We went to Dillingham Air Field, where the plane wreckage and suitcases are stored, and we walked on "the plane crash beach". Suzanne also has a friend who was an extra in this week's episode! Many of the locations are on private property and are only accessible if you go on tour, but we enjoyed the public places very much.
There were so many souvenirs to see and to buy at the Swap Meet in the parking lot of the Aloha Stadium. We walked all the way around and got great deals on shirts, fresh pineapple, shells, etc..

No comments: