Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Extermination Order Revisited

I heard a nasty rumor about this housing development that we live in. It's not a new house, it's probably almost 20 years old, but I heard these homes were built on land that was (and still is) infested with ants. Tonight I came home to find a swarm of ants in the garbage can, even though we sprayed on Friday and Saturday.
We have tried everything. We have bug-bombed, and we called a professional and had the inside and outside sprayed multiple times, which I reluctantly had done because I prefer not poisoning my home, but these methods have proven to be ineffective and I have decided that this is war.
David bought some spray and went around most of the house with it, on the outside. This actually has done some good. He couldn't get to one side of the house because of weeds so tomorrow Mark will pull them and then saturate that side of the house. I am determined to win no matter how persistent those ants may be. We WILL come off conqueror!!!!! Ants beware!!!!!!
(At least it's not roaches or spiders.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ugh! Good luck. You reminded me that my pest control people still have not called me back. I guess I'd better get on it tomorrow.