Monday, June 1, 2009

Seminary Memoires

I've been doing a little reminiscing as I finish up this year. I went to the church to take down bulletin boards and posters the kids had made.
Last week our drawings of soldiers wearing "The Whole Armor Of God" were taken home by the students who wanted them. Then today I took down our version of the Greek, "Altar To The Unknown God", (which the people worshipped in case they left someone out!) Paul taught these idol worshippers about the true God. Each student had a paper stone and they wrote on them those teachings of the gospel that make us different, that are unknown to the world. Next I removed the props from our re-enactment of "The Good Samaritan", a very short play we did for the other class. I took down the photos of the students as they were involved in different activities like our Feast of the Passover and the Christmas auction.
But the most moving and inspiring thing was the bulletin board with the timeline of the Savior's life and travels. All the lessons we had about His teachings, His kindness, His sacrifices and suffering; everything for our sake. How could we not want to always be with him?
This year really is over. I still have rolls and report cards to finish up, and I need to return materials to the CES Secretary this week. But as soon as these things are done I'll be able to get started on my "gold plate" invitations, Cocoa Bean and Quetzal Feather money, and how I want to teach The Plan Of Salvation this Fall!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, already thinking about next year huh? What a way to be on the ball, you are awsome!
by the way...when do you go back to Suzanne's? Make sure to take lots of pictures!