Friday, June 12, 2009

Today I'm makin' LOTS o' money!

In my research I learned that there have been no coins found in ancient American ruins. Most scholars agree that the Nephite monetary system was in weights and measures, like grain; gold and silver would be bits of ore in a pouch. But they also traded things like quetzal feathers which are blue-green and irridescent (very beautiful), and cocoa beans (no need to explain this one!) So last night I made a master for each of these types of money, nine pictures per page, and today I will go up to the church and print hundreds of dollars for my Seminary students. I think the feathers will be worth $1 each, the sack of grain will be $5, which is also the most commonly used in our class, and the cocoa beans will be $10 (wars have been fought over this not so humble little bean). And since I will be coloring the feathers and cocoa beans it will take a little time but can be done in front of a good movie!

1 comment:

Sheryl, Queen of Maranatha said...

You know your computer has colors on it, but you probably want to color it yourself anyway. Why not use seminary money to justify watching a movie? Of course, we really don't use anything at all to justify movies around here (except jobs being done). But, really, I admire the work you put into making seminary fun and interesting for the students. Half the battle of teaching is keeping their attention. Good Job!!