Monday, June 8, 2009

An "Aha!" Moment

As I walked down the hall at church yesterday I passed several rooms that are used for Primary. On one door there was the name of the "Valiant" class. I have thought about the meaning of this word for a long time. We teach children what it means but we rarely even hear the word anywhere else, and yet, the only ones who will find themselves in the highest realm of the Celestial Kingdom will be those of us who lived according to the word. Beside the class name was a representation of the whole armor of God and it made me think. What a great way to define valiance! As I see it, a valiant person is one who does what he is able to do to protect and defend righteouseness in his own life and in the lives of those around him. I hadn't been able to quite put my finger on it before, but I like this definition!

1 comment:

Sheryl, Queen of Maranatha said...

That is a great definition of the word "valiant". I really like it, though I think "mother" and "father" make good definitions as well. Isn't that what we do every day? Northrop and I have been working overtime in defending righteousness in the lives of those around us lately. I think I'll review the whole armor of God and make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks for the reminder!