Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On Lists

With my bathroom and living room now looking more like they did before I left, weeks ago, I am feeling great about having the Elders over for dinner. I am writing this little blog entry as I take a break in between rooms, (and yesterday, I finished 16 of those 20 tileboards)!
In Seminary, as we were spending our time memorizing our second-to-last scripture mastery scripture, I was able to see what is needed for our class in the next week and a half, and I wrote it down in list form.
Because of this, and having my house more under control, I am beginning to feel so much less stress, and somehow, when things that need to be done are written down, I can see on paper that it really will be possible. This helps me to prioritize. Also, when I give each thing a time slot each task has a time limit and when there is a time limit, there is an end! Even when I don't accomplish it all within that time, I can see enough progress that either I will take the needed time to finish or it makes it okay to move on to the next task and then come back later to finish.
It will be nice to have the Missionaries come, but when dinner is done and we say goodnight, I will put the dishes into the dishwasher and sit back and enjoy my home as it is meant to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that too, when you can physically see that you are making progress and that there is and end to the work.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I cannot figure out how to put you on my bloglist. I know I have a few other people on there but yeah, I don't know. I am sure I will figure it out again.