Monday, May 25, 2009

Obituary

Today we bid a fond farewell to our much beloved pool that has faithfully kept us cool for the last four summers. It succumbed after years of suffering from a chronic condition in its lining which became too far advanced for surgery. We will be offering a moment of silence in memory of our dearly departed today at high noon when temperatures will be just under 100 degrees. Anyone wishing to make donations in behalf of our loved one may reply with their own happy remembrances of summers past in the comment option below. Heartfelt regards go out to friends and family.

4 comments:

Todd Family said...

I remember helping the girls throw the water ball bombs at grandma and grandma would fight back. And Paige she could spend hours in the pool if we let her. Hopefully you get the one from Target to replace it that would be fun!!!!

Suzanne said...

...gives a whole new meaning to Memorial Day. (Just kidding). Creative way to say goodbye. Sorry about the pool. I loved going out in the dark when all the kids were in bed and just cooling off and relaxing. And I know the kids loved their hours and hours of pool time fun!

Unknown said...

I didn't get to spend much time in the pool. But when I did I felt blessed to have such a great way to spend my time.
Thanks mom

Hanaike House said...

Hi Aunt Donna it's me Samantha I remember when I went swimming in your pool on my way home from Utah with Mark before he went on his mission I hope you guys get a new one so I can come over.